Join MAKING ART WORK
Become part of the growing arts and creative community in Maidstone and the South East!
Join us if you’re looking for a supportive network of artists and creative people serious about developing their professional practices and sustaining a career in the creative arts. Join us if you’d like to work collaboratively and co-operatively to pool resources and knowledge to share what you make with others.
MAKING ART WORK is run by members for members, so everyone who joins has a say in shaping our organisation and the events, activities and exhibitions we get involved in.
- Add your profile to our website
- Priority booking and discounted prices (of 50%) for our events, artist talks and professional development workshops
- Take part in our annual members’ exhibition. The majority of the costs for this are included in the membership fee but depending on venue and events offered we ask for a modest additional sum – usually no more than £20.00 per person showing.
- The opportunity to take part in any other exhibitions members decide to hold during the year
- Participate in projects with other artist groups and partner organisations
- Social opportunities organised by members for members
- 10% discount on Kent Creative Live membership
- Promote your own exhibitions and events in our monthly newsletter
- MAKING ART WORK is an IPS Co-operative so every member owns one share in the organisation allowing them to shape how the co-op is managed and run, to vote in the Board of Directors, to be eligible for directorship themselves if they wish, and to attend the members meetings where key decisions are made.
Membership costs £60 per year payable by a £5 per month standing order.
To join our Co-operative, please contact Ali Farmer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually meet on the second Saturday of every month 10:30am – 12:30pm in Maidstone so if you’d like to come along and meet us before joining, please feel free to attend any of these meeting dates (but just contact us to confirm venue as this changes):
1st February 2016